Sunday, November 27, 2011

I just want to remember

Isaac's little voice today.

We were driving home from a Thanksgiving gathering {I had to work with my cousin on some wedding music, so we pawned little Owen off on Grandma and Grandpa when they were left.}, Blake, Isaac, and me. 

Out of the blue, Isaac asks, "Where's Owen?"

And here is the ensuing conversation:

Dad:  We left him there
Isaac:  Why?
Mom:  We just forgot him, so we left him there.
**Isaac has a serious concerned look on his face**
Dad:  Should we turn around and go get him?
Isaac:  Yes.  We need to go get him!  We can't leave him there!
A few moments of silence
Isaac:  Are we going to go get him?  We have to go get Owen!
Laughter
Mom:  It's ok, Isaac.  Owen is with Grandma and Grandpa.

Phew! :)  I guess I never have to worry about forgetting Owen anywhere for long as long as Isaac is around!

No comments: