Sunday, February 5, 2012

Alopecia Areata

Just as I suspected.  Confirmed Tuesday, January 31, 2012.  I have Alopecia Areata. We discovered a week ago that my one curious spot had become THREE curious spots (one of them about the size of a quarter) in less than two weeks. In my case, it is most likely aggravated by stress.  I've been pretty significantly stressed out since August 28, 2010.  If you know me, you know why that day is infamous.  If you know me and don't know but want to know, then shoot me an e-mail.

Either way, it's good to have an answer.  They injected cortisone under my scalp to kill off the white blood cells that are attacking my hair follicles.  I've got some new sprouts poking through, so now I'm just working on managing the stress....as if losing your hair doesn't add to it!

No comments: