Saturday, March 15, 2008

2 weeks

In 2 weeks, we'll be halfway through the performances of the Wizard of Oz. While there have been some setbacks because of the unfortunate winter weather, everything seems to be coming together now. There are some parts that I don't think will be their best come show time, but they will, by no means, ruin the show.

I'm probably most excited about the special effects and the costumes! Among my favorites: the flying monkeys {I love this one so much that I want one!}, the poppies, Glinda, and this one:


Thanks to many hours of work from a local hardware guy, and my parents, the Tin Man suit is going to be sweet! Seriously, my Dad has spent hours sizing it to my brother, and cutting the flexible parts to fit accordingly, as well as outfitting it with straps to hold everything up and adding rivets. Mom went shopping for some silver underclothes {not worn in the picture} for Ben, spray painted his shoes, hat, socks, and gloves, and she custom made the collar on his shirt. Neat, huh?

If you're interested in tickets, they are selling fast. The show runs from March 27-29 with shows at 7:30 p.m., and a 3:00 p.m. show on March 30. Currently there are only about 160 tickets left, so we're looking at adding an encore show on Monday the 31st. Details on that later. :)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ben's costume looks pretty sweet! Way to go Mom and Dad! They are good people. :)

Anonymous said...

Did you see my tin man outfit from Halloween?? Not as extravagant as this one, but it still did the job!! If not, go check facebook....oh wait, it's on facebook, you've seen it.