Monday, July 13, 2009

Oven baked chicken for dinner

I'm not sure if I have posted this recipe yet or not. Even if I have, I'd post it again because I'm still a fan since I discovered it about a year ago. Super easy, super delicious! Perfect with some mashed potatoes and creamed corn {maybe throw in some salad or fruit if you want more color. I kind of like the blah color palette with this one}.

Oven Baked Chicken
1 T. butter or margarine
2/3 cup Bisquick
1 1/2 t. paprika
1 t. salt or garlic salt {I actually use garlic powder}
1 t. Italian seasoning
1/4 t. pepper
1 cut-up whole chicken {I just buy the hindquarters}

Heat oven to 425 F. Melt butter in 13x9 baking dish. {I melt the butter in the dish as the oven is preheating}

Mix all dry ingredients together; coat chicken. Place skin side down in heated dish.

Bake 35 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake approx. 15 more minutes or until juice is clear.

Yum yum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that sounds great! :) Reminds me of the good old days when you taught me to make homemade pizza, fried rice, and the soup with ramen noodles, veggies, and egg! (While Blake taught us about things like Jesus' siblings, of course!) :)