Friday, April 30, 2010

Ouch!

Isaac has his first burn - from sticking his hand in some hot running water. To be honest, I didn't even realize how bad it was. Whenever he'd grab my hand to go somewhere, I just noticed that his right hand felt REALLY dry. So, I just lotioned them. Sure, he'd grab something wrong or bump his hand and say, "ow-ie" which I thought was odd, but brushed it off. After a few days of no improvement, I finally decided to actually look at them. They were peeling and gross, and I had no idea what was wrong with his hands. My dad quickly diagnosed it as a burn, and the moment it happened came back to me. I've been putting Aloe Vera on it like crazy today, but because the burn is on his hand {and his dominant one at that}, it's pretty much hopeless trying to get it to stay on there. I feel bad, too, because whenever we put on his "hand medicine" he starts whimpering and saying, "ow-ie." Worst mom of the year award goes to...ME!

Photobucket

No comments: