Monday, February 21, 2011

Down-home Mac-n-Cheese/Made-up Italian Chicken Breast

The boxed Mac-n-cheese is just fine in a pinch, but I think I'm completely converted to the Down-home Mac-n-cheese whenever I have more than 15 minutes for a meal.  Easy and delicious.  I served it with a made-up Italian chicken breast recipe and peas on the side. 

Husband Rating for Mac-n-Cheese: A
Husband Rating for my made up Italian chicken breast: A
Husband Rating for peas:  B {"because they're served with the other stuff."}


Down-Home Macaroni and Cheese

1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, divided
1/4 cup  flour
1 cup milk
1/2 lb.  (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked, drained
1/2 cup  KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
6 RITZ Crackers, crushed


HEAT oven to 350°F.
MELT 3 Tbsp. butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook 2 min., stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk; cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add VELVEETA; cook 3 min. or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.
SPOON into 2-qt. casserole sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with Cheddar. Melt remaining butter; toss with cracker crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through.


And, in case you're interested, here's what I did for my Made-up Italian Chicken Breast.  It was sooo tender.  It just fell apart under my fork!

Place chicken breasts on foil
Cover with Italian salad dressing
Wrap up chicken, loosely in foil
Bake at 350 until done {about 50 minutes}.

No comments: