Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Music geek


One of my piano students brought me an entire bag of "The Etude" magazine.  The published dates for the magazines in my possession range anywhere from 1903 to 1951.  They have a church musician section that I'm pretty fascinated with reading, as well as checking out some of the actual compositions they have printed directly in the magazine, the advertisements, and all of the music schools they have listed.  Just amazing!  My favorite cover, so far, is the one from 1918, during WWI.  We totally need a call back to the arts.  Somewhere along the line, we lost the importance of the arts in our lives.  I'm totally geeking out over this stuff, but I love it!

 "Music will help us win the war.  Music in our homes keeps courage in our hearts."  -September 1918

No comments: