Sunday, May 4, 2008

Gifts and Prizes

Gifts: Baby is already spoiled. Many thanks to Abby for her "mini baby shower" this weekend. It was perfect. Sure, it sucks that you won't make the actual baby shower {whenever that is}, but congratulations on graduating from med school and best wishes with your residency! You are wonderful.

You see that polka-dot baby blanket? That is my inspiration for the baby's nursery. I had no idea what direction I wanted to take with the nursery because I didn't want to paint the walls. They are already a nice neutral tan color. The blanket matches the walls, and I love the splashes of color on it. We'll see what I come up with! :)


Prizes: Every year, my children's choir plays a little game called, "Choir Idol." Yes, it's similar to American Idol, as week by week we eliminate contestants. Last week, we had our final round, and they have chosen their winner. I give small prizes for 1st - 4th place. I already know who's getting what, but wouldn't you like a piece of these prizes?! I would! :)


PS: Since it's a church thing, I always try to get something religious for the winner...to remind them to be thankful for their talent, and to reinforce the reason for the church children's choir in the first place. This year's winner gets a crystal with the Crucifix in it {you can vaguely see it in the blue box in front of the pens}.

No comments: