Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Alphabet book

I'm working on this project to give to Isaac when he turns one. Basically, I take pictures with Isaac in them that take him through the alphabet. I've only just finished letter 'B' but am looking forward to the rest of the book. You can help me out by throwing out your ideas for letters. I'm really hoping to turn this into an adventure. I want to make 'C' a cow, so we're going to capture some shots of that next time we are visiting the farm. Last time Isaac met a cow {calf, really}, he was frightened by its tongue.

Here's my progress so far:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this is the rough draft of what I have in mind for all of the other letters. I'm open to suggestions. Help a girl out:

D = Daddy or Dog
E = Eat or Eiffel Tower {I want to use the picture of Isaac and me in front of the Eiffel Tower, but am wondering if I should put that under P for Paris? England and France?
F =
G = Grandma and Grandpa or Grass
H = Happy, Hands
I =
J = Jumper
K = Kiss
L = London {I'm putting the picture of Isaac and me in front of Tower Bridge here}
M = Mommy
N = Newborn
O =
P = Pool, Papa Jerry, Pacifier
Q =
R = Reading
S = Sophie, Sophie le Giraffe, Sling, Swing, Stroller
T = Tongue
U = Ultrasound, umbrella
V =
W =
X =
Y =
Z = Zoo {If I make it to one!}, or Zzzzzzz {for sleep?}

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm all over this one! Love the A is for angry :). I is for ice cream. F is for fish (or France). O is for one (his bday). Q is for quiet (take a pic while he's napping or doing something else quietly). W is for walking if he's walking by then. More to come later.

Jennifer said...

Thought of another W. Wheels.

Jennifer said...

X is xylophone, of course. Do mom and dad still have that colorful playskool one? Y is for yummy or yard - lay him on his back in the backyard and then get an arial shot from the deck. Or lay him next to a yard stick. Or YOSHI! Dude, and then Zoe for Z!

Jennifer said...

And for V...Van. Get a shot of him inside Grandma and Grandpa's van. Set him in the car seat, open the sliding door and then take a profile shot of the van with Mr. Isaak looking out. Thought of another for Q. Quilt. Grandma and Grandpa should have a good one for the shot...like the one they use in his back and play.

done and done. I have monopolized all the remaining letters.

Jennifer said...

I'm back. F is for family! J is for Jennifer. :-D

Anonymous said...

You don't need to ask for ideas...you have Jennifer! :)

Nonetheless...

X...has he ever had an x-ray? Probably not before his first birthday, but it would be cool for your ABC book.

W...wet (maybe a picture from the pool/beach?)

O...octopus (if you go to a zoo or aquarium and take a picture of Isaac with an octopus)

WAIT...why can't I be for Isaac???

Unknown said...

Cute idea!!!

Well, I see that Poochie has taken over all of the letters many times over, but I personally like the mood ones. I think S should be "Sweet Smiles" or "So Serious" or something like that. I do like F for France if you want to use the Eiffel Tower pic. I like Jennifer's Q for Quiet and W for Walk. O could be for Outdoors if you have a good outdoorsy pic of him, or Outrageous if you have a kind of wild pic of him :). Y is for Yelling! And V is for Vacation if you've taken a family vacation.

Unknown said...

Oh, H could also be Halloween - show him in his Halloween costume :)