Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Currently considering

1. Researching grad schools for a piano program

OR

2. Getting further certification through a pastoral outlet, making me a CDMM {Certified Director of Music Ministry} - basically, a "masters" in liturgical music ministry.

I'd love a masters degree in music {piano} - it would get me back into playing what I am interested in playing, and building repertoire that is more challenging to me. Most importantly, I'd actually have the time to rehearse those things, rather than focusing on liturgical music. But, on the other hand, I feel I've found my niche in the liturgical world. If I go the route of CDMM, the process is shorter, but much more rigorous and focuses on a variety of musical outlets {directing, organ, piano, etc.}. What to do, what to do?

No comments: