Monday, December 6, 2010

Baked Spaghetti

I don't know what it is about spaghetti, but whenever I make just a regular old spaghetti, I taste it all day and all night. I do enjoy it, but I'd like to limit the enjoyment to just the span of time that I'm actually eating it.

Enter this baked spaghetti recipe {in the local school's cookbook}. I think perhaps the cream of mushroom soup and the cheddar cheese help neutralize the acidity of the tomato based sauce. That's just my hypothesis. Either way, it's delicious, and I love the way it just melts in my mouth.

Since it makes such a large amount, I usually end up freezing 2 extra family meals worth, and then just defrosting and popping in the oven for about 25 minutes for a quick meal when we need it.

Baked Spaghetti

1 lb. hamburger {I've used ground turkey as well!}
12 oz. spaghetti
1 (26 1/2 oz.) can spaghetti sauce {or make your own!}
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
1 c. (10 3/4 oz.) cream of mushroom soup
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese

Brown hamburger, drain. Combine with spaghetti sauce. Cook and drain spaghetti. Place 1/2 of spaghetti in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Top with 1/2 spaghetti sauce mixture. Sprinkle with 1 c. cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Mix soup and water until smooth and pour over casserole. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

*Sorry I forgot to grab a picture!*

No comments: