Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ugh

First, it was facial hair, and now I have another thing to add to the list of things I despise: wet, heavy snow.

Sure, it's great for building a snowman, but it's terrible to drive in! As I was on my way home today, I happily ended up following a semi down the treacherous two-lane, curvy highway. I thought it was a pretty lucky incident since the roads were terribly slick. Turns out, it didn't matter. I ended up spinning out again {the first time was a few weeks ago} and get this....in practically the same spot on the road! It must just be that one curve in particular {maybe the angle of the road? The direction of the curve?}. As I spun, I watched in dismay as my little "travel companion" continued driving away, as well as the relatively new tracks for me to follow in. Luckily, I didn't have to be pushed out this time, but it was scarier because I stopped in oncoming traffic. Thank goodness no one was close. After quickly finding my wits, I continued on my way, to discover two other cars in the ditch on the same curve probably within 50 feet of my little spin. Scary.

If spinning cars was a sport, I'd be winning. Bring on spring.......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is what I alway said if you follow a semi you are probably driving tooooooooooo fast