Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dairy Free

Eating dairy free is tough. I already had a slight little mess up. I ate one crab meat Rangoon Friday night, forgetting that cream cheese is used for part of the filling. Happily, it didn't seem to bother Isaac too much...yet.

In an attempt to help plan better meals this week, here's what our dinner menu looks like:

Monday: Leftover homemade chicken noodle soup
Tuesday: Homemade BBQ pork sandwiches, tater tots, canned pineapple, and garden salad
Wednesday: Oven baked chicken with baked beans and garden salad
Thursday: Grilling out - pork patties, chips, carrots, and strawberry Jell-o with bananas
Friday: Fried rice and egg rolls
Saturday: Leftovers clean-up

Only 10 more days of this dairy-free madness. Then, I get to slowly add stuff back in. I'd give anything for a piece of cheese right now. At least Isaac seems to be feeling a bit better.

Don't taunt me cow!

3 comments:

MsAmanda said...

dairy issues are no fun

My cousin is lactose intolerant and when we were kids, my aunt made a great dessert for him that we would all want to eat.

Take cool whip and mix in a box of chocolate pudding. Freeze and then eat with cookies or with just a spoon. I don't even like cool whip and I liked that dessert.

Jennifer said...

Your meals sound good! Especially friend rice. Mine always turns out just so-so.

Unknown said...

Yes, frieNd rice does sound good... Dumb.