Friday, April 18, 2008

What have we done?

Blake and I decided last week that it was finally time to take Sophie back to a professional groomer. We had been trimming her mane ourselves, but it's a messy process, and her undercoat was starting to get really thick, so she had her official grooming appointment today.

It turns out, we should have scheduled a grooming appointment for her a lot sooner. Her undercoat was so thick, that they had to take quite a bit of hair. She even had a bow in her hair when she was done {pink is definitely not her color!}. Actually, when we picked her up, I almost didn't recognize her. We had a few "dress-up" laughs at Sophie's expense, and I'm pretty sure she's having an identity crisis. Even though everyone was laughing at her, Sophie took it pretty well. See the before and after shots below:

BEFORE {looking pretty normal}


AFTER {Doesn't she look adorably...ridiculous?}

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL! In the last pic, Sophie looks so embarrassed to be naked.

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, "adorably ridiculous" is the only description for it!!! :) Poor Sophie!

Michelle said...

I had not seen this entry before...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

I literally cannot stop laughing!!!!!!!! I'm glad this time went better! :)