Thursday, August 28, 2008

36 days

And counting {36 days!---more or less--hopefully less ;-)}....the nursery is basically finished. I'm waiting on a couple of photos to put on some shelves, I still have to wash all of that stuff sitting on the dresser, and probably vacuum-dust-etc. again before Bubs arrives. No big rush though, I'll just wait for my nesting instinct to kick in again.

I think my favorite part about the nursery is that it has a theme but isn't entirely matchy matchy. I also love that there's a little piece of Taiwan in there {Musical Woodstock on the closet doors, the bird mobile in the window}. I guess really the only thing missing is Bubs. :)

Also on my "must do" list: Pack my hospital overnight bag. Can you guys think of anything besides the standard stuff you recommend I pack? {I've already accounted for lots of socks, slippers, chapstick, and my own travel-sized toiletries.} I figured I better get it done since my Dr. asked me about it at my appointment last week. She'll probably ask me again next week too and every week after that until I have it done....I can't believe how close this is getting....

Without further adieu, a photo tour of Bubs' nursery:

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I found a typo for you :)
"Can you guys thing of anything..."

Should be: think

Janelle said...

oooh...pretty!

i cant wait til bubs starts crawling and pulling up..knocking over the garbage can, pulling clothes out of drawers, ripping the night light out of the wall and climbing up onto the rocking chair...hehehe

but it's very nice and very neutral and i love the birds in the window

Jennifer said...

I think you should put Sophie in the crib for demonstration purposes. And on the rocker. And hanging from the clothes pins. Sophie is such a freak!

Kari Krogman said...

Where's Sophie?

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures of your nursery! As for things to pack...camera in case you are rushed so that way you won't forget it. My friend forgot her's when she was rushed to the hospital. Oh, and an outfit for the baby to wear home maybe and a cell phone charger when it gets closer to the time. All things my friend wished she would have had. I bet you are so excited!

Unknown said...

OH, Becky, I love it! :) Bubs is going to be here soon and it looks like you and Blake are all ready for your beautiful little one to arrive!