Monday, August 25, 2008

Under my skin

I'll say it: I'm crabby. I've been this way for a week and I don't like it. I can tolerate most people, I still enjoy my friends and family {most of them}, and Blake is the only one that I'm truly still patient with. I actually think he just knows when I'm crabby and he's figured out how to successfully manage it, bless his heart.

My wish for the week is to un-crabbify. I need to appreciate my co-workers, all the little tyrants around school I have to face everyday, the brides needing help with their wedding music {OH THE BRIDES!!!!}, the random people asking me if I can teach their "angel children" piano, etc. Wow, typing all of that out is irritating.....I've never gotten a manicure, a massage, or any type of relaxation treatment before, but I really just think I need one. However, you will be hard-pressed to convince me to actually spend the money on one...

I'm screwed.....doomed to be crabby until this child sleeps through the night....

P.S. The weekend getaway was a nice vacation from my crabbiness. I only had to deal with Blake, my friend, Michelle {who was awesome enough to hang out with me, exploring IKEA} and a bunch of strangers. That was lovely. I'm just pissed I returned to Iowa feeling every bit as crabby as I left it.....aren't you glad you know me? ;-)

4 comments:

Dawn said...

One word...PEDICURE! It feels so nice to have your feet immersed in a bubbly, warm bath, and someone else rubs and lotions and files and paints, while you just shut your eyes and enjoy. Pricey, but worth it if you just need a little dose of relaxation, someone else doing something for you. Whatever you decide to do with your stress, good luck! Love you! :)

Janelle said...

totally! And go into Capri for a cheaper one if you want...it will make you feel better getting a deal :) but seriously, a pedicure is a cure all!

Kari Krogman said...

You didn't sound crabby the other day when we chatted! I am with you though. I thought the same before I got my 1st pedicure. Oh man - I am hooked. Sooo worth the money! I think you are just anxious and ready to see bubs. I remember having the same feelings during my pregnancies. Take time for yourself - I have finally learned that and my oldest is 3!

Deb said...

We call the brides at work "Bridezilla"