Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Cravings

Lately, my biggest craving (outside of fruit) is for sweet things, usually something with chocolate. These "No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies" have been a lifesaver. I usually eat two of them a day, and I feel good about it {I cut the recipe in half, and store the cookies in my fridge}. There is a fair amount of oatmeal for fiber, peanut butter for protein, probably a smidge of calcium, and of course, the bad-for-you chocolate and sugar. :) But, Bubs sure likes them!


Recipe:
2 c. sugar
1 stick margarine
2 T. cocoa
1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. peanut butter
1 t. vanilla
3 - 3 1/4 c. oatmeal

In medium saucepan, melt sugar, margarine, cocoa, and milk. Bring to a boil, and boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. Mix well. Drop by tsp. on wax paper. Cookies will harden as they sit.

The best part about them is that they are quick and easy to make. Sure, they take awhile to harden on the wax paper, but if I don't have any pre-made and a craving sneaks up on me, I just eat the cookies hot. Yum!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Did you take that picture?

Becky said...

No, but I wish I took that picture. :)

Jennifer said...

They kind of look like deng yi xias. Brian, would like some for wanr?

Danielle Ries said...

I love these things! we called them chocolate Oaties though:)

Unknown said...

No, you're using straight-up cocoa in the recipe, so that definitely counts as dark chocolate, which everybody knows now is packed with anti-oxidants. This is health food, no doubt about it! ;) :D

Michelle said...

that is probably my most favoritist cookie of all time, i'm glad you like them! :)