Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Aunts, uncles, cousins

Whenever we go to Taiwan, we are meeting with so many people, sometimes I don't even remember what their "title" is. But, I do always remember my mom's immediate family, my first cousins, a couple of great aunts, and those couple of my mom's cousins who love having us around (we refer to them as our uncles, though they are not). In general, I love the family orientation that seems to embrace that whole culture. Families live with other families, everyone seems to keep in touch, and people seem to drop by at all hours of the day {Maybe it seems that way because we are visitors, but I love it none-the-less}.

I love watching my aunts and uncles chat with my mom, and my cousins are a seriously cool bunch of people. Hanging out with them is fun, and many of them speak English really well. This works out nicely because they are especially helpful when it comes to us learning Chinese. You can see the large family in the pics below. Not everyone is in them, but you get the general idea. They are awesome! :)

No comments: