Tuesday, June 17, 2008

There's always something

Just when I think life is starting to settle back down, I am surprised again:

Yesterday morning while checking the mail, I stumbled on the little lip at the end of our driveway and face-planted. In an effort to protect little Bubs {and not fall on my belly}, I reached my hands out to stop my fall. Now, I may have a broken bone in my left hand. I waited over a day to see if the pain would improve, but in one particular area, it got worse and the infection was so terrible that puss was running down my hand throughout the day. We will find out in the morning if I broke anything. But for now, it's in a splint and I have some antibiotic I have to take to prevent the spread of the infection. I had to get a tetanus booster too, so I'm looking forward to a sore arm in the morning. ;) My hands are my golden ticket. As a piano/organ player, I would normally do anything to prevent from falling on my hands. I would probably even fall and scratch up my face before subjecting my hands to harm. However, since there is another little person involved, my hands were the last thing on my mind...until, I realized I have to play a wedding on Saturday, as well as all the masses this weekend. GAH!

I also got a phone call in my office today saying that a gentleman from the FBI needed to speak with me {WHAT?!}. Of course, I was nervous that maybe they caught something from my Taiwan trip {though I couldn't imagine what}, and that I was in some sort of trouble. I tried to think of ways to avoid meeting with him, but couldn't find any. When I got to the rectory, he flashed his badge, told me his name {which obviously I don't remember} and then explained I was listed as a reference for a friend who is applying to work with the FBI and he wanted to chat with me about her {PHEW! Course clear for me}. I know it wasn't my interview for a job, but it was intimidating! A visit from the FBI in small town Iowa: Now that's something that doesn't happen everyday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you fell down. Please try to avoid anti-biotics..

Jennifer said...

Ouch! What's the official word? Is it broken?

Anonymous said...

yikes! i hadn't read this yet when i emailed you earlier today. hope everything is feeling better by Saturday!