Friday, June 13, 2008

Getting started

Since Blake and I have only about 16 weeks until Bubs is here, I've finally decided to get started on some of the nursery decorations. We are currently awaiting the arrival of our crib, mattress, crib sheets, and glider. I can't wait to get them and start putting the whole room together.

Do you remember my inspiration for the room? I posted about the cute little polka-dot blanket here {you can also see it below}. Since the blanket is from Dwell Studio for Target, I decided to buy the matching crib sheets online, and after my prenatal check-up today, I went shopping for the wall art project I've had in mind for quite some time. Matching colors was probably the hardest part, and then I happened upon the lovely colored frames {which, gasp, also matched the blanket! Be still my heart!}. Here's the finished project, with the inspirational blanket above it. Once the crib arrives, we'll center the pictures on the wall above. I can't wait! :)

3 comments:

Janelle said...

good job on the art!

Anonymous said...

Man, SOMEBODY has REALLY good taste to have picked out that blanket for you :) -Abby

Anonymous said...

I want to see a pic of the nursery! :)
~ Richelle