Thursday, June 12, 2008

I wonder

**FRIDAY UPDATE** Turns out, we didn't have to worry. The water never even reached our property. This morning, we had lake-front property. This afternoon, we have mud-front property. I feel bad for the poor farmer who lost all of his crops in that field. ****

Should we be worrying right now? This is the view of the river that is near our house from our deck. Normally, we can't see it as it usually sits beyond all those trees in the picture.


We were assured when we bought our house that it is not in a flood plain, and despite all the crazy flooding here in Iowa, we've been spared. However, we are expecting more rain throughout the night. I'm hoping that after some prayers, all we'll have in the morning is a nice piece of lake-front property {Inserting a little humor: Will having a lake-front view up our property value too?}.

Please also say a few prayers for everyone in our state right now. There is a lot of devastating flooding going on. I can't help but think of all those affected. I can only hope that everyone and their families are ok.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

hmm...maybe you could build a dock and buy a jet ski?

Anonymous said...

I think you could qualify it as lakefront :) Hope it doesn't get too close to the house! This flooding is just insane. Glad I live here in Marion and not CR!

Jennifer said...

Holy cow! That is close!