Sunday, October 28, 2007

Caramel popcorn

My little brother had a bunch of his high school friends over for a game day on the Nintendo Wii, and when one of them asked if I could make them some popcorn, I jumped at the opportunity to try out this new caramel popcorn recipe:

1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. light Karo corn syrup
1/2 c. butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. baking soda

Mix all together in a sauce pan and cook on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil, stirring frequently. Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix.

I used homemade popcorn, but the site where I found the recipe says you can use microwave popcorn as well. I can't imagine it with all the extra butter and salt flavor. It was just perfect with the unsalted and unbuttered fresh popcorn.

It's quick, easy, and makes quite a bit. In the words of one of Ben's friends: "Becky, the caramel popcorn is amazing!" There you have it, straight from the mouth of a 16-year-old. Give it a try!

2 comments:

michelle said...

WOW THAT LOOKS SO GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Hows Blake? Did he get me a key chain?