Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Understanding is a wonderful thing

I've officially been cited here. I am mesmerized by Mr. Palmo's elegant use of words and his dedication to current Catholic news around the world. I've always had a desire to learn more about my Faith. I went to Catholic schools through high school, and while I learned many things, I didn't gain a true understanding of my Faith until Blake and I worked with Fr. Petty when Blake decided to convert. I had actually attempted to read some literature on the Catholic Faith while in high school, but my young mind couldn't grasp all that the literature was telling me. Fr. Petty explained everything in a way that just made sense, probably because he was a convert himself. The bad part about the situation? I was supposed to have already known everything he was teaching Blake. It made me feel terrible, but I didn't know what to do about it.

My current position has been a huge blessing in my life. I credit my job at the church for my current state of spiritual bliss. I love God, and his Church, and everything that being a Catholic has to offer. The best part is that I finally understand all of it. I understand my beliefs and the church's teachings, and I'm confident that I could defend my faith if I were challenged. That is a wonderful feeling. I have been blessed with many great things, and becoming a more spiritual person has allowed me to remember to be thankful for them and to God every single day.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I decided to dig out my catechism and start there.


(Also, your link doesn't work.)Try this address...it's the permanent address to "A Brilliant Soul"

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2007/10/brilliant-soul.html