Monday, January 14, 2008

My current obsession

HGTV...I don't know why, but I just can't stop watching. I will occasionally channel surf, and attempt to find something else, but inevitably, I always end up back at HGTV. Blake puts up with my addiction when he's doing other stuff, and I leave it on for background noise when I'm cooking, cleaning, or whatever. I said I was going to bed an hour ago, but then Househunters and My First Place came on, and I had to watch them both, of course!

I even found myself using HGTV as a reference this past weekend when my mom was throwing out ideas for her kitchen! Though, in my defense, I have learned a lot about the logistics of design from simply watching hours and hours of HGTV. :)

My favorite shows on HGTV :
1. Househunters {Regular and International}
2. Designed to Sell
3. My First Place
4. Property Virgins
5. Deserving Design
6. Curb Appeal
7. My House is Worth What?
8. Design on a Dime
....and I have a feeling I will quickly become addicted to Colorsplash and Color Correction if I could just figure out when it's airing. The above list are usually the shows that are on when I turn on the tube.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hidden Potential... another great HGTV show!

Anonymous said...

Chad and I used to be addicted to HGTV too when we were looking for a house and then when we first moved in. Our favorite show was also Househunters. It wasn't a complete night if we couldn't watch it. Kind of funny! We'll see if you get past it once the writer's strike is over and regular tv is on again. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, you have to watch Divine Design with Candice Olson if you get a chance. Her designs are awesome, and she's endearingly goofy :)