Saturday, December 8, 2007

Front Step Christmas

I had my little Christmas caroling event with the Children's choir tonight. An overview of the event:

1. There were tons of desserts. I got to bring some home. I can't wait to eat them!
2. The hot chocolate was an adventure, but it went over very well. Just the right touch to keep people warm.
3. I wish it wouldn't have been windy. But, the snow was a nice touch.
4. Even though I told the children to bundle up, you would not believe how many of those little buggers came without hats, gloves, etc.! Where are their parents?!
5. I got a decent amount of complaints saying it should have been inside because it was cold. I liked the nostalgia of the cold, caroling, and the holiday season. Besides, it's December in Iowa. What did they expect?
6. The kids always sound so angelic when they sing. I wish we could get the angelic-ness to rub off on their behavior!

The overall verdict = Success. We're doing it again next year! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!