Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sophie

My dog is sick. I am worried. I can't take her anywhere today because of this crazy ice storm. She has thrown up somewhere in the vicinity of 18 times in the past two days. She has not eaten. I called the vet, and he recommended giving her a teaspoon of Pepto Bismal three times today. Since I don't have a little syringe to shoot it down her throat, I had to pry open her mouth and dump the teaspoon in there and then repeat the process with the portion that she spit out. She was not happy with me. I used to think it was sort of crazy the things people would do for their pets. But I find myself saying that I'll do whatever it takes to help Sophie feel better. If she is still ill tomorrow, we're taking a trip to the vet. I hope she gets better. She keeps making little whimpers while she is resting, indicating that she's in some sort of pain. This makes me sad. She's a comfort to have around in this big house while Blake is gone during the week, and she's so fun when he's here. She's our family.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Try feeding her boiled rice. Kelly did this for Foxy when she was sick.

Anonymous said...

Update... How is she doing?