Wednesday, December 19, 2007

One step forward, two steps back.

Let's make that two steps forward and two steps back. My parents and our friend, Meredith, were over today to help us take two giant leaps forward in fixing up the house, and getting ready for the party. We are so thankful for all of their help today!

FORWARD:
1. We got some of the Christmas goodies for our party made! :)
2. Finally, some art on our walls, and all of our curtain rods are up.

Mom, finding her way around my kitchen

Dad, measuring for curtain rods.

Meredith, framing some pictures.


However, we have had two minor setbacks in the meantime:

BACK:
1. The pretty blue curtains that were supposed to match my rug in the basement, don't match even a little bit. So, the search continues....

2. Apparently our delivery service {ahem...UPS} doesn't know the difference between OH and IA. After doing an online tracking of the missing half of our online curtain order, I discovered that our lovely black and white Damask panels have, in fact, been delived to OH and not IA. Thank heavens the lovely representative at Target offered to send replacements. What can brown do for me? Delivering my package to the right state would be a great start.

I was hoping to have curtains up by party time, but apparently there will be no such luck.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

if you don't have curtains up, i'm not coming

Kari Krogman said...

I love your colors in your new house! It looks beautiful - we will have to stop in sometime and check it out!