Sunday, November 18, 2007

Christmas came early

...for my dad. Since our beloved Teddy-2 passed away last week, Dad has been pretty lost without his cow dog around. So, my siblings and I decided to start looking for another. Brian prompted the search with this very heartfelt e-mail:

In the wake of the passing of our dear lovable Teddy, maybe we should look into a Teddy III. The farm just won't be the same without a manly Sheltie named Teddy.

I felt a little guilty looking at first because Teddy-2 had just died. I soon realized it was more of an honor and a testament of our love for the dog that we should find another worthy to fill his shoes {paws?}. Let's face it. Every farmer needs a good cow dog, and both of our Teddy's have been damn good ones. Usually, Sheltie pups are not common this time of year, but we got lucky. In fond remembrance of Teddy-2 {and the original Teddy}, say hello to Teddy-3.


He was a complete surprise for Dad. Blake and I picked him up, bathed him, and even decorated him with a bow {we safety pinned it to his collar. In the midst of all of the moving boxes, I couldn't find my cloth ribbon!}. I brought him to my parent's house this afternoon. Dad is in love. He even greeted the new pup with a "Hi, Teddy. Aww. Hi." See the events unfold in the photos below: