Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Peek into my week

As I'm living in limbo, neither at my old house or my new one, I've somehow managed to spend a ridiculous amount of time at work. In the past three days, I've already been there for 35 hours, and I'm going back for some more tonight {Playing a mass dedicated to the parish volunteers. God Bless them!}, after which, I'll finally head back to our old place to clean it up before our buyer's final walk-through tomorrow.

Let's factor into the work equation, all the preparations I've been handling for our move to the new place: lining up phone/cable/internet, switching utilities {Did you know that in a small town you actually have to go to the respective offices to fill out paperwork? We did it all over the phone when we moved to the QCA!}, picking up a recycling bin, working with the post office so that our new address is in fact a verifiable delivery address {since it's a new house, apparently we weren't even in the USPS system}, setting up our home owner's insurance, and doing our own final walk-through.

Speaking of our final walk-through. We discovered a mis-connected water pipe in one of our bathrooms when we moved everything into the garage last weekend, so we let our realtor know. Today, I discovered that they fixed the pipe, but had to cut a hole in the wall of one of our bedrooms to do it {+1 additional fix}, there is also a slight hammer hole in our bathroom wall, where it looks like someone mis-fired will fixing something else, hitting the wall instead {+2 additional fix}. They were also supposed to put up our mailbox outside, but I discovered it today still resting happily in the garage {+3 additional fix}. I discovered, on my own, that I'm thinking our pretty washer and dryer won't fit in our laundry room on the pedestals because right now the cabinets are mounted just a little bit too low. There is plenty of room to move them up a bit, so I'm wondering if I should take that route? In the famous words of the interns at Seattle Grace Hospital {Grey's Anatomy}: "Seriously?" I'm sure they'll get everything done, but that is not what a buyer wants to see a couple days before they move in!

And, I may have another great working opportunity coming my way soon {Yet another thing I've been busy with in the past few days}. This does not include the Wizard of Oz accompaniment, my current job, weddings, or piano lessons. This is going to be a wonderful step with my career if everything works out well. The best part is that I would not have to sacrifice my current job. The downside is that I will officially have no free-time for a little while. I'm weighing my options, but I'll keep you updated as this develops.

Tomorrow night, our buyer wants to do her final walk-through, and she has requested that Blake and I be present because she has some questions about the garage code, thermostat, etc. Typically the buyer doesn't see the seller until closing, so I find this a little awkward. Especially because I'm just planning on handing her the instruction manuals {which were going to remain with the house} with everything she needs to know in them. Anyone else had their buyer go to the final walk-through with the seller present?

On top of everything, while my poor dad was driving his combine to the implement dealer to have a small problem fixed, a bigger problem popped up. His back wheel {the one that controls steering} fell off, and he ended up in the ditch with his combine. We're not sure how it happened. The implement people came out to fix it to drive it out of the ditch, but only found themselves further in the ditch. There is now a crane coming to lift it out. Which is why I suddenly found myself with enough time to update. I came home to see if they needed any help, and now we're waiting for the crane.

Seriously, I can't wait to move in, hang up my pretty curtains, find spots for all of our stuff, and just decorate so I can post pictures here for all of you to see! We'll see how long this takes...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

His wheel just fell off?!

Anonymous said...

Well, apparently the hub broke and that's what caused his wheel to fall off.