Friday, November 16, 2007

Farewell home tour

Blake and I move a week from tomorrow. Below, a little tour of our current place before there were boxes everywhere! When we first moved in, every wall was white, and there were only blinds on the windows. It was just begging for someone to make it feel a little more homey, and I was up for the challenge. :)

I love the color we picked for our living room. It reminds me of a Wendy's frosty. Delicious. Our rug is also a favorite {only $60!}, and I've already picked a spot for it in our new home. Blake's fish tank is always a conversation starter because he has some pretty impressive fish. However, it's usually an eyesore because it doesn't get cleaned as often as it should. Our fireplace {in picture 2} wasn't something I planned on having when I moved here, but it was nice for really cold winter nights. We would start it up, drink hot chocolate, and work on a puzzle nearby.


Our kitchen - complete with apples in our fruit bowl. I hate decorating above cabinets, and I love a refrigerator with lots of mementos on them. I actually cleaned mine off for this picture because my mom doesn't agree with my love for a well-decorated fridge {she thought it would turn a potential buyer off to our place}. Some things you will always find on my fridge: magnets from places visited, pictures of family and friends, shopping list, and one of those "Today I feel" mood magnets. I think someday I'd like to add magnetic alphabet letters or magnetic poetry. One other fave of my kitchen: my microwave. I didn't purchase it, but it's amazing. It defrosts food better than any microwave I've ever encountered, and it has the most wonderful popcorn button. Our microwave popcorn never comes out burned and almost all the kernels are popped!


This is my favorite wall in our office. The other walls are white (I went for the white curtain to pull the room together), and I didn't think it was necessary for you to see our ridiculously unorganized computer desk, which is the only thing in the room besides Blake's Bowflex. It's a shame we didn't spend more time in there. I love the picture AND the color.


This is our bedroom. Nothing too special, but I love our down comforter in red, and I love the curtains. I picked the curtains for two reasons: 1. Because they were cheap 2. I love the warm glow on sunny mornings when I'm still tucked in beneath my beautiful comforter!


When we first painted the bathroom yellow, I wasn't very fond of it. Once I added my little art project, the color grew on me, and now I find it's especially cheery on gloomy mornings!


The only things I've neglected to show you are closets, and our "laundry room" behind a set of folding doors. I know that Blake and I will miss our little place dearly. At the same time, we're ready to take on the responsibilities of a new house! Yay!

No comments: